Your privacy is important to us. It is Asterie Clinic’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website https://wp.asterieclinic.com.au/, and other sites we own and operate.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of patient information and to handling your personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, the Australian Privacy Principles and relevant State and Territory privacy legislation (referred to as privacy legislation). We recognize individuals’ right to control the handling of personal information.
Collection, Use and Disclose of Information
The information collected is necessary and relevant to provide you with medical care and treatment and manage our medical practice.
- name and date of birth;
- contact details and your emergency contact details;
- bank account or credit card details;
- payment history;
- treatment details;
- before and after photographs; and
- medical information (e.g. details of any allergies you may have).
This information may be stored on our computer medical records system and/or in handwritten medical records.
Wherever practicable, we will collect information from you personally. However, we may also need to collect information from other sources such as treating specialists, radiologists, pathologists, hospitals and other health care providers. The collection of information may be done over the phone or in writing, in person in our clinics or online. This information may be collected by medical and non-medical staff. We may be required by law to retain medical records for certain periods of time depending on your age at the time when the service is provided.
We will not collect any personal information about you without your consent unless we are required or authorised by law to do so.
We collect your personal information primarily to enable us to provide you with our services and products. We may also use the information to contact you, for marketing purposes, or for any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act.
Upon visiting our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal basis for doing so.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our website;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information will primarily be used by us to:
- deliver services and products to you;
- administer the delivery of such services and products;
- contact you, including to provide information to you about products, services and/or special offers:
- obtain feedback from you about the products and services we deliver to you; and
- record statistical data for marketing analysis.
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
These trusted third parties may have access to, and use and disclose, your personal information if they require that information to perform their specific function or activity under their contractual arrangements with us. They cannot use your personal information for other purposes, and they are contractually obliged to protect your personal information.
We recognize the trust with which you provide your personal information, and we will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes without your consent, except as required or permitted by law.
At any time, you can withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by us, by contacting us. Additionally, if you do not wish to receive marketing material, you may choose to ‘opt-out’ from receiving such material by contacting us.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we will take all reasonable steps to delete your personal information, except where we are authorised or required by law to retain it. Additionally, if you withdraw your consent, please note that we may not be able to provide particular services and products to you.
Access to, and amendment of your personal information
You have the right to access personal information that we hold about you. To access your personal information, please contact us in writing via email at email@example.com.
You also have the right to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is correct, up-to-date and complete. If you would like to correct the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to securely store your personal information, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your personal information is stored on secure servers (if in digital format), including on servers located in the United States, or in locked areas (if in hardcopy format). These servers and areas are all in controlled facilities.
Our employees and contractors are required to respect the confidentiality of your personal information. We only permit authorised personnel to access your personal information, and your personal information will only be disclosed to third parties where they have the appropriate authority. We also destroy or de-identify your personal information when we no longer need it, when you withdraw your consent, or where we are no longer required by law to keep it, wherever possible.
Tracking Technologies – Cookies & Web Beacons
We use tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons to make it easier for you to use our website and services. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Web Beacon is a technical method that sends information related to the access to websites, when you browse websites, open or preview an HTML-formatted email. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify you, although they do identify your browser. These tracking technologies allow us to monitor our website, and to record how many people are using the different parts of the website. It is possible to set your browser to refuse tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons, however, this may limit the services we can provide to you via our website.
Questions and Complaints
Asterie Clinic Australia
G06/177 Mona Vale Road
St Ives NSW 2075
We will investigate any complaints received in writing and do our best to resolve them as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority.